Friday, May 1, 2009

BLUE AND GOLD BANQUET

Our cub scouts recently had their annual blue and gold banquet. I remember going to these with my brothers and always admiring the unique desserts, so when I was assigned to bring refreshments to ours, I was so excited to try my hand at something creative. I searched the internet for ideas and came up with these:

The first one is "blue and gold" cupcakes with teddy "cub" grahams on them. Alright, let's be honest, they're more like ocean blue and pastel yellow, but you get the idea...



The second one is a "camp out cake". I used a sheet cake so I'd have more room to work with. The sleeping bags are twinkies and I just used frosting to pipe the little boys. I used ice cream cones for the trees, those were by far the most coveted item. All the boys wanted to eat a tree! If I ever do this again, I am just going to by Wilton's pre-colored tube frosting, it would make everything a million times easier!



The cake was littered with flaws, but luckily little boys don't notice those things!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you added this link to your home blog - i completely forgot that you even had it! and oh my, your creations are DARLING!! you are the next ace of cakes, girl! SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Megan, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online